Notify Message
Page 1
#13154074 Mar 26, 2017 at 05:38 PM
1479 Posts
Hey guys,
So almost no one voted in the poll and I am going to assume that means you either a) have no preference or b) hate me and have tuned me out--most likely you'll want to find another guild if that's the case. :p

Anyway, I have gone ahead and pulled the trigger on going up to Niagara/Toronto. You have a few hours to tell me if you forgot to vote/your wife and kid were mad and your dog was humping your leg/various other reasons.

You must commit by 4/1 (Saturday) at midnight to let me know you're going in the first wave. Please tell me if you plan to bring a +1 that isn't an active guild member so that I can plan for this.

Benefits include: first choice of beds, first choice of place to stay, first choices of activities, guaranteed transportation to/from airport, ability to sync schedules far ahead of time, decisions about cars/transportation, not being at the mercy of time and tide as to whether you have a place...

Commit by replying to the thread. If you cannot commit at this time and have not previously given some indication as to why or when you might know for certain, it is good to keep me updated so that I can plan.

Once we get people to commit, I will book a place and say publicly how many more spaces we have. If you commit to go sometime before, say, Mayish, I'll book you in for activities as well. After that...both your activity space and your transportation needs/lodgings MAY be up to you. I will help as much as I can, but if you say on July 25th that you want to come, you should understand it will probably be more expensive and it may lead to you hanging around waiting for us to come back from something awesome we just did (TM).

IF you have a preference, please tell me whether you would like to stay in Toronto or in Niagara. If we stay in Toronto, we will do a day trip to Niagara to see the falls--it is a 90 minute drive and/or we could take a bus.

I will book from 8/3-8/8 unless flights prove untenable. Since it's an international flight to Pearson (YYZ), we can try to arrange cheaper, stopgap accommodations in case people are stranded on either end. I will probably be staying longer than the guild meetup in any case.

Aotor Idalian--XIV Jack-of-all-trades
#13156257 Mar 27, 2017 at 05:15 PM
404 Posts
Kym +1 Confirming.
#13156683 Mar 27, 2017 at 09:56 PM
418 Posts
The Muert will come.
#13163890 Mar 31, 2017 at 02:22 PM
119 Posts
I would like to go. However, I'm in the process of getting a new job and therefore don't know exactly what my vacation options will be that at that time yet.

So while I don't know if I can actually make it, I'm 90+% sure that I'll be able to work something out and make it happen. I will keep you updated.

In the event that I can't go, and no one else can take my spot, I can still reimburse you financially regardless nbd and might be able to come for part of the time if not the whole time.

Looking forward to it!
#13164226 Mar 31, 2017 at 06:23 PM
656 Posts
<3 Toronto. Y'all are in for a treat if you've never been there.

Will be coming. Will have +1, but I think she's in the guild.
I can only be damaged to 90%
#13164288 Mar 31, 2017 at 07:07 PM
1479 Posts
Hey Shep--it sounds like you want to commit to coming, so I'm going to count you as committed since 90% certainty is pretty good xD and then if you don't end up coming, we'll see how much of lodgings etc you're on the hook for. I probably won't be asking for $ for activities for quite a while, so you'd only be on the hook for your share of the place unless someone wants to come at the last minute and bails you out, and, if nothing else, you could always try to steal away for the weekend. I think Nethrisa lives quite near you and was planning on driving up if he couldn't make the entire time, so you might be able to arrange something similar.

If you'd rather not commit just let me know, but it sounds like this is the best path since your certainty is quite high.
Aotor Idalian--XIV Jack-of-all-trades
#13165511 Apr 01, 2017 at 12:30 PM
515 Posts
Yeah this sounds great! Since it's a weekend I think I'll just take off two days on one side of it, so I'll be able to stay for 3-4 days. I'll request PTO once we have some dates finalized, but I'd love to see you all again 😁
Cyaali - 100 hunter

Tosh'oldi'mel - 65 Gunslinger
#13165564 Apr 01, 2017 at 01:00 PM
1479 Posts
#13165511 Tanik wrote:

Yeah this sounds great! Since it's a weekend I think I'll just take off two days on one side of it, so I'll be able to stay for 3-4 days. I'll request PTO once we have some dates finalized, but I'd love to see you all again 😁

We already decided on dates, Tanik, it's August 3rd (Thurs arrival at any time) through the 8thish...
Aotor Idalian--XIV Jack-of-all-trades
#13167452 Apr 02, 2017 at 01:31 PM
226 Posts
Just for further confirmation as I've already spoken to AJ about it but I'll be popping along but will make my own arrangements as I live very close to TO.
#13167515 Apr 02, 2017 at 02:11 PM
522 Posts
I'll be there.

My Cerebrum Is Endowed Like An Equine.
<(' '<) (^' '^) (>' ')>
it is, it is a glorious thing
To be a Pirate King!
#13167968 Apr 02, 2017 at 07:09 PM
1479 Posts
Alright! I've made a guild meetup 3 group and will be posting all non-public info over there. If anyone else commits, I will add them to the group. Hooray!
Aotor Idalian--XIV Jack-of-all-trades
#13204329 Apr 21, 2017 at 08:50 PM · Edited over 1 year ago
94 Posts
(Insert Original Post Here)

Edit: I commit to driving up for the weekend.
-Nethrisa Ancalme-
-Maiuran Ancalme-
-Daharel's Brother-
Page 1